Joy of Cooking, the first cookbook in many kitchens, is now the must-have app for every cook—experts and beginners alike. Containing the entire contents of the latest edition of the bestselling and best-loved, 1,132-page book, the app is a treasury of recipes, reference materials, and special features that make planning and cooking easier than ever.
Here’s some of what you’ll find in the app:
• Universal app supports both iPhone and iPad.
• High resolution graphics and full HD resolution support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• Thousands of recipes and reference materials cover everything from enchiladas to lemon meringue pie.
• All materials are included in the app. No internet access is required.
• Pre-set digital timers enable you to get each recipe just right.
• Let the app speak each step aloud so you can concentrate on cooking, rather than reading.
• Navigate each recipe with simple voice commands. No need to touch the screen with sticky fingers!
• Thousands of photos and illustrations leave nothing to interpretation.
• Built-in menu-maker allows you to create a menu and use it to navigate among recipes while you cook; you can even print it out or email it to your guests.
• Joy of Cooking classic red bookmarks help you keep track of several recipes at once.
• The Favorites list lets you store recipes that you want to cook again and again.
• Shopping lists can be created easily from one or more recipes.
• The Sleep-Block feature prevents your iPad from sleeping when you just want to cook.
• A switch to enable metric units can adapt recipes to your preference.
• A built-in conversion calculator makes it easy to substitute just about anything. Want to know how many teaspoons are in a half-cup? That answer, and many others, is just a few taps away.
• A smart search page, with easy-to-set filters, gets you results fast.
• One-tap help overlays make the app’s features easy to discover.
• Email or print any recipe for easy reference when you don’t have the app.
• Easily share what you’re cooking via social media so your friends can try to keep up.
• A handy notes page on each recipe lets you file away your own customizations for later reference.
Over the years, you’ve come to expect high-quality cooking advice and recipes from the Joy of Cooking cookbook. Now you can expect the same level of satisfaction from the app.
• • •
Praise for the Joy of Cooking app:
“As in the book, the fire hose of information — how to frost a cake, make salt-cured lemons, field-dress a gut-shot animal — is overwhelming, but the digital design makes it easier to navigate through 4,500 recipes and numberless tips.”
— Julia Moskin, The New York Times
“@TheJoyOfCooking’s new iPad app might be the best thing to happen to home cooking since…the cast iron pan?”
— Samin Nosrat, Author of SALT, FAT, ACID, HEAT; via Twitter
“One of the things I love about this app is that it helps bring recipes to my attention that I’ve passed over in the print versions.”
— Marisa McClellan, Food in Jars
• • •
Praise for the Joy of Cooking cookbook:
“I’m … a ‘Joy’ fan no matter the edition: Every recipe is written in the book’s unmistakable style, with ingredients and amounts seamlessly integrated into the instructions. For me, this is still the quintessential American cookbook.”
— Alton Brown
“The … narrative of Joy is one of, well, joy. Its recipes will prompt readers to bound into the kitchen; their range and depth is such that there really is something for everyone.”
— Publisher’s Weekly
“The Swiss Army knife of cookbooks.”
— The New York Times